Sometimes you need a bit of colour in your day and this end of winter salad will do just that.
Ingredients for salad:
Use as much as you like of:
- red cabbage, thinly sliced
- green beans, lightly steamed
- peppers, thinly sliced
- cauliflower, small florets
- radish, thinly sliced
- pear, thinly sliced
- handful of fresh herbs such as dill, parsley or cilantro, chopped
- handful of nuts or seeds or both, (optional)
- soft cheeses such as goat or feta, (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Ingredients for salad dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl; taste and adjust seasonings.
- To assemble the salad, place the veggies on a pretty platter.
- Sprinkle with the nuts, seeds and cheese if using.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Season with additional salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately.