I am having so much fun with my new spiralizer! I’ve been making curlicues of carrots, parsnips, apples, beets, sweet potatoes, radishes and my favorite, zucchini noodles! This salad has it all – crunch, colour and WOW.
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, garlic, lemon, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
For the Salad
- 2 cups of kale or your favourite salad greens
- any combination of spirilized veggies
- handfull of nuts and seeds (optional)
- Place the salad greens in a medium bowl and add all the sprialized veggies.
- Add enough dressing to moisten.
- Toss the salad well, (I use my hands to toss this salad)
- Sprinkle with nuts and seeds
- Sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper, if desired, and serve immediately.
- When tossing the salad massage the kale well with your hands.