It’s lunch time and I feel like eating something grainy and crunchy and healthy.
I don’t usually use a recipe when I make a quinoa salad; I just see whatever I have kicking around in the kitchen.
For example today, I have a jar of pistachios on the counter, fresh mint in the fridge and a ripe tomato in the fruit bowl.
Thirty minutes later I was eating this delicious salad.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (cook according to package directions)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 TBS. honey
- 1 cup chopped pistachios (toasted if you like)
- 1 cup finely chopped flat parsley
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped, discard seeds
- 3 to 4 green onions, finely chopped (⅓ cup)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place cooked quinoa in large bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice and honey and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well
The longer this salad sits the better it gets, so if you have time make it early in the day.