A bowl of this soup will bring sunshine, colour and vitamin C to your day.
Carrot Potato and Dill Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 6 to 8 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cube organic vegetable bouillon, (optional)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 6 cups water, or more depending on the size of your potatoes and carrots
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill, or more to taste (I like lots of dill)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and celery. Sauté for 3-4 minute or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots and potato. Sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable bouillon cube, cayenne, turmeric and water.
- Cover and let simmer over medium-low heat for about 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Let cool and transfer in batches to a blender and blend until smooth, you may want to leave some of the vegetables if you like your soup a bit chunky.
- Return to the pot and add the dill, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot with lots of fresh dill as a garnish.