Who doesn't LOVE Chocolate? I love chocolate, so much that I have a chocolate drawer in my kitchen filled with chocolate. Other people, (no names here) - in my household try put other treats in that drawer, (well it does have a prime spot in the kitchen), but no, I am saying this loud and clear...chocolate only. My chocolate collection is made up of various dark chocolate; bars, nibs, cacao, chunks, chips, bon-bons... open the drawer and magic happens - I am instantly happy and if I'am happy then everyone is happy.
This recipe is for all chocolate lovers. If you want a delicious loaf that is very moist, you can thank the zucchini and if you like to hide healthy stuff in your baking then thank me.
Shh...try out my other recipes that are good for you and hide veggies.
- Parsnip Carrot Muffins
- Good Morning Muffins
- Carrot Muffins with Spelt and Coconut Flour
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Buckwheat Zucchini Muffins
- Maple Pecan Zucchini Loaf
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI LOAF
This recipe makes one loaf.
1¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
¼ cup honey
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tsp instant espresso powder (optional)
1 cup zucchini, grated
a little extra zucchini for the top of the loaf
1. In the bowl of a food processor combine almond flour and cacao powder.
2. Add in salt and baking soda and pulse a few times.
3. Then add in eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and honey and pulse again until all ingredients all mixed well.
4. Then add in zucchini and mix just until zucchini is combined.
5. Transfer batter to a greased medium loaf pan, (I used coconut oil to grease my loaf pan).
6. Top with a bit of extra zucchini, optional.
7. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.
8. Test if done with toothpick or cake tester.
9. Cool in pan before removing.
If you don't have espresso powder, you could use instant coffee or just leave it out.