All you need for this salad is some colour.
Grapefruit and Radicchio Salad
Serves 6 as an appetizer or side dish.
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 2 heads of radicchio, sliced lengthwise from base
- 4 medium pink grapefruits, peeled and sliced any way you like
- 4 green onions, chopped
- a big handful of fresh mint or basil, or both
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp grapefruit juice, or more to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together the dressing, taste and adjust seasoning, then drizzle over salad.
- Toss and serve.
- Can be prepared for up to 30 minutes before serving.
- Delicious with goat of feta cheese crumbled on top.