This smoothie will knock your socks off -
It's spicy with a real kick.
If you have a cold, drink this.
If you are cold, you will be warm.
Blood Orange, Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Smoothie
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 blood orange, peel and white pith removed
- 1 large carrot or 2 small, chopped into chunks
- 1 cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup water
- 1 inch knob of peeled ginger
- 1 inch knob of peeled turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, (more if you like a hit of heat, I do)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (for sprinkling on top, optional, I forgot to add them for the photo)
1. In a blender add all ingredients, blend until smooth.
2. Taste and adjust, you may want more heat from the cayenne pepper or more fruit to make it sweeter.
If you can't find blood oranges, use any variety of oranges.
If you don't have fresh turmeric, use about 1 tsp of dried.