Creamy fresh ricotta cheese,
figs and rosemary
drizzled with honey .
You need a baguette,
Baked Ricotta with Figs and Honey
This simple little appetizer is easy to pull together. I am in love with the dark earthiness of ripe figs and the creaminess of the ricotta, you must buy the best ricotta you can find and use fresh figs.
Recipe adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi
500g good quality ricotta (2 cups)
½ tsp Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp rosemary, chopped
6 fresh figs, cut into quarters or six
1 - 2 tbsp honey, (or more to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with the salt, pepper.
3. Lightly oil an oven-proof dish and spread the ricotta cheese in the dish, (I used an 8 inch round dish).
4. Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil over the cheese and sprinkle with the chopped rosemary.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and top with the figs, drizzle with the honey and bake again for about 8 to 10 minutes or until hot.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature with a really crusty baguette.
Do not overcook, the figs should still look like figs when removed from the oven.