Gather your ingredients because we are making a healthier version of Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. I bake lots of loafs and muffins and like to vary the ingredients depending on what I have in the kitchen. What I love about this recipe is that it is made with the most delicious superfood, cacao nibs and full of “good for you” ingredients.
If you have never baked with cacao nibs then this is the recipe to try. You will have to make a trip to your local health food store to buy them.
You may be thinking, no chocolate chips...?
This recipe uses cacao nibs; which are essentially pieces of raw chocolate without anything added to it. It is the purest form of chocolate available. Cacao nibs contain no sugar and very little fat, they are high in fibre and less processed than chocolate and loaded with antioxidants.
This is the ingredient list on my package of Cacao Nibs: Organic Cacao Nibs
...and this is the ingredient list on my package of conventional Chocolate Chips: Semi-Sweet Chocolate (Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Milkfat, Soy Lecithin, Natural and artificial Flavors).
Try cacao nibs and try this recipe!
Banana Bread with Cacao Nibs
Enjoy this cacao nibs recipe and bake healthy!
This recipe makes 1 loaf
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons coconut oil, (melted and slightly cooled)
4 eggs, (room temperature)
4 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a standard size glass loaf pan with coconut oil.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the bananas, coconut oil, and vanilla, then add in the eggs and mix until well blended.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stir until all ingredients are mixed well. Fold in the cacao nibs.
5. Spoon the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes until lightly golden on top.
6. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Because this recipe only uses the bananas to add sweetness you must use very ripe bananas.
BTW - Cacao nibs do not melt!