This just might be the best banana bread! It’s really easy to make, naturally sweetened and I added some golden berries - just for something unexpected.
These little orange golden berries are sweet like a raisin and tart like cranberries. They are called gooseberries when they're fresh and golden berries when dried. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They have fibre, protein, and phosphorus. I am adding them to oatmeal at breakfast and salads at lunch.
This loaf is moist and a bit sweet and has a tangy kick from the golden berries.
Banana Bread made with Almond Flour and Golden berries
This recipe makes 1 loaf
3 large ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 cups almond flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup golden berries
handful of hemp hearts for sprinkling on top, (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil a loaf pan. (I used melted coconut oil).
2. In a food processor add the bananas and process until they are mashed.
3. Add the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to the processor and blend until well combined.
4. Add the almond flour and give a few quick pulses, just until the flour is combined.
5. Add in the golden berries and again give a few quick pulses.
6. Pour banana bread mixture into the prepared loaf pan and with a spatula spread the batter evenly.
7. Sprinkle with a handful of hemp hearts and a few more golden berries.
8. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
9. Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
This loaf keeps well in the fridge for a week.
You can also slice and store in the freezer.
If you don't have golden berries you could use cranberries or any other dried fruit you like.