If you have fond memories of eating store bought white bread then this low-carb bread may take a bit of getting use to. On the up side it does look a lot like white bread, you can slice it and toast it and top it just like white bread and its packed with protein and fibre. I have been baking a loaf weekly for my in-house taster and it has been declared better then Wonder Bread!
Low-Carb Almond Flour Bread
This recipe makes one loaf, about 12 slices.
2 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup psyllium husks
4 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp poppy seeds or sesame seeds
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease the sides with a bit of coconut oil.
2. Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add the eggs, coconut oil and warm water. Mix until combined well.
4. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Sprinkle the loaf with the topping of poppy seeds and salt.
6. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until done.
7. Cool before removing from loaf pan.
8. Can be stored in the fridge or can be freezer.