I love using vegetables in my baking and zucchini is always my first choice, it adds lots of moisture but not a lot of flavour and it works well in both sweet and savoury recipes. Best of all its a great way to sneak in a few extra veggies for those who crinkle their nose when you say zucchini .
Looking for more easy Keto baking and recipes sweetened without sugar, then try my everyday Keto Bread. And if you are a chocolate lover then try Chocolate Zucchini Loaf that is sweetened with a touch of honey.
Low-carb and Keto Zucchini Loaf
This recipe makes 1 loaf, about 12 slices
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup erythritol or xylitol
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
5 eggs, large
1/2 cup avocado oil or coconut oil, melted and cooled
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess water
hemp hearts, for sprinkling on top, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl with mix together the almond and coconut flour, erythritol, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
3. Add in the eggs, oil, vanilla, and stir to combine. Add in the zucchini and mix again.
4. Transfer to the loaf pan and top with hemp hearts. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool before removing from the pan.
Once you have shredded the zucchini, you simply squeeze the zucchini in your hands or use a clean dish cloth before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
You could add in a 1/3 cup raisins, walnuts or pecans, white or dark chocolate chips or a combination.
This loaf freezes well.