My most requested muffin recipe is here.
These fudgy paleo muffins are super rich and decadent.
They have chocolate.
They have banana.
They require one bowl to make
To quote my in-house taste-tester.. “You would never know they are healthy”.
Next time I will be doubling up the batch!
Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and sweetened with honey.
This recipe makes 9 muffins.
2 medium sized ripe bananas, the more brown spots on your bananas the better
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
2 cups almond flour
3 tbsp coconut flour
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips, I use Kresda or Lilly’s
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with 9 muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas, then add the honey and vanilla and stir.
3. Add in the eggs and coconut oil and mix until well combined.
4. To the same bowl add in the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
5 Stir just until combined and then fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
7. Let the muffins cool before removing from pan.
I keep these muffins in the fridge or you can freeze them.
Cold eggs can be warmed in minutes by putting them in a bowl of warm water.
You could substitute maple syrup in place of the honey.