I love granola.
I love making my own granola. I love knowing exactly what’s gone into it (no preservatives etc.), I love that it is easy to make and you can be as creative as you want to be, changing up the nuts and dried fruit.
I love having a big jar of it in the kitchen, to eat with almond milk for breakfast, over yogurt and drizzled with honey, or as a snack by the handful, any time I pass the jar.
I promise this will not last long on the counter!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts – roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried tart cherries (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup peanut or other nut butter
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or Agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350F , line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Stir together all dry ingredients (oats, salt, cinnamon, hazelnuts and cherries).
- Add to the dry ingredients the coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, or Agave syrup vanilla, nut butter, and water.
- Mix well and spread onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for around 30 minutes, or until golden brown and stir often.
- Let cool before storing in air tight jar.