What I should be doing: I really should be raking the leaves, (I think I will leave that for Gordy).
What I am doing: Wondering what to do with a big bowl of plum tomatoes.
New love: Oven roasted tomatoes, you can add them to just about anything.
FYI: I wish you were here because the house smells of garlic and rosemary.
BTW: The leaves still need to be raked, Gordy where are you?
Slow Roasted Plum Tomatoes
2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
handful of fresh thyme
a few spring of fresh rosemary
kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
1 pound tomatoes, any variety
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF
2. Pour olive oil into a baking dish.
3. Cut tomatoes in half and place in the baking dish.
4. Toss tomatoes with the olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs and salt and pepper.
5. Arrange the tomatoes in a single layer, cut side up
6. Bake for about two hours, or until the tomatoes are soft and juicy but slightly wilted.
Cooks Notes: I usually make a bit batch of these and freeze. During the winter I add them to stews, pasta and soups.