Paleo breads have been showing up on lots of food blogs and I thought I would give it a try. I am hearing more and more about the Paleo way of eating and I like the idea of eating less refined carbs. So what did I think of the 'bread' -- well it has a bit of an eggy taste, 5 eggs so no wonder! I also thought it was more like eating a slice of cake then a slice of bread. My next piece I toasted and voila, the perfect vehicle for almond butter. So I just think this may be my new staple. Let me know what you think.
This recipe is adapted from: Elana's Pantry
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor
- Pulse ingredients together
- Pulse in eggs, oil, honey and vinegar
- Transfer batter to a greased bread pan, (I used a 7.5 x 3.5 inch loaf pan and greased with coconut oil)
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes (check with a cake tester)
- Cool in the pan for 2 hours
- This bread will make a great base for lots of add-ins.
- Make sure you test with a cake tester or toothpick.
- Check the size of your loaf pan as the one I used is a bit smaller then the standard loaf pan you may have in your cupboard.
- The first two times I made this I used coconut oil to grease the loaf tin and I had trouble getting the bread out of the pan, the third time I used parchment paper and coconut oil and the bread came out with ease.