This salad is...
A little sweet
Delicata Squash and Pomegranate Salad
This salad serves 4
Ingredients for the salad:
1 delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeded, sliced into ½-inch segments
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, more if needed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 box or bag of baby spinach or arugula
1/2 cup pomegranates seeds
1/2 cup pecans
Goat cheese, (as much as you like)
Ingredients for the Dressing:
1/3 cup pomegranate juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp finely chopped shallot or garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
Directions for the salad:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.Place the prepared squash on the parchment lined baking sheet and toss with olive oil and several pinches of salt and pepper.
3. Roast until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, set aside.
4. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the pecans, toast until they are slightly golden, shaking the pan as they cook for about 5 minutes, set aside.
5. Prepare the salad by putting the greens in a large salad bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss in the toasted pecans, sprouts, goat cheese and pomegranate seeds.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad, lightly toss and you are ready to eat.
Directions for the dressing:
1. In a small bowl combine the pomegranate juice, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper and whisk together.
2. Slowly pour in the olive oil while constantly whisking until the dressing comes together.
Make this salad vegan by leaving out the cheese.
This salad is also delicious with feta cheese.
You can use walnuts or hazelnuts in place of the pecans.
You can store any leftover dressing in the fridge for up to one week .