These baby new potatoes are all about the colour. I just added enough mayo, dijon, lemon and dill to make them sing!
Summer Potato Salad with Lemon and Dill
Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish.
- 2 pounds baby new potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard or grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic or 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- big handful of fresh dill or any fresh herbs you like, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water, add a large pinch of salt and boil until just tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl make the dressing by mixing together the mayo, mustard, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper, set aside.
- Quarter or half the potatoes, (depending on size) and transfer them to a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss. Then add the onions, peppers, cucumber, dill and mix again.
- Taste for seasoning, you may need to add more lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prepare ahead of time so the flavours can meld.
- You can make this vegan by using oil in place of the mayo or vegan mayo.
- If you don't have dill try parsley.