Two bites to happiness!
This recipe makes about 12 to 14 mini brownies.
These healthy brownies have no flour or added sugar and are sweetened with dates. My secret ingredient is adding shredded zucchini.
I first tasted these brownies made by my friend and healthy baker Karen from Nutrilicious.
coconut oil to grease the muffin tins
1 cup madjool dates
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup almond butter or any nut butter
3/4 cup zucchini, shredded and squeeze lightly in your hand the excess moisture
1 tbsp ground golden flax seed
5 tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 250ºF.
2. Grease a mini muffin tin with coconut oil.
3. In a food processor add the dates, water and zucchini and process until the dates have broken down.
4. Add in the almond butter, ground flax, cacao powder, baking soda, vanilla, vinegar and salt and process again until the batter comes together. It will be a bit wet and sticky.
5. Using a tablespoon spoon the batter evenly into the mini muffin tin; you can fill to the top and then smooth the tops gently with a spoon.
6. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes, they will seem slightly under done when you take them out. Let cool for 15-30 minutes before removing from pan.
I like to keep these in the fridge in an air-tight container, they become dense and super moist.
These mini brownies freeze well, if you have any left!