I know this is really good because right now Gordy is eating this on his gluten-free waffle!
Have a Happy Passover.
1 1/2 cups unsalted natural pistachios
1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
1/2 cup chopped dried cherries or dried cranberries
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup sweet passover wine
1/4 cup pure pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Stir pistachios in heavy medium skillet over medium heat until lightly toasted and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine dates, cherries or cranberries, raisins, apricots, wine, and juice in medium bowl. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in honey, lemon juice, orange peel, and spices.
- Chop pistachios; mix into haroset.
- Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chil