When I told Gordy I was making a pudding for dinner he thought he was getting chocolate pudding. Wait until he finds out that this recipe has no milk, no butter, no flour… and no chocolate.
Vegan Corn Pudding
Serves 6 as a side dish
- 6 cups fresh corn
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (you could use soy milk)
- 2 tablespoon of arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayanne pepper
- 2 tablespoon melted Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoon of corn meal
- Cut corn niblets off the cob.
- Whisk arrowroot in 1/2 cup of almond milk.
- Put 2 cups of corn and almond milk in the food processor. Puree.
- Add salt, pepper, cayenne, melted “butter,” baking powder, and cornmeal to the food processor, and process well.
- Add remaining corn, thyme and rosemary to the food processor and and pulse for 5 or 6 times, just until mixed, you should still have some of the texture of the corn.
- Grease a 9 or 10 inch round baking dish with canola oil or coconut oil. Scrape corn mixture into dish. Bake uncovered at 350º for 30 to 40 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges.