S u m m e r p o t a t o e s n e e d a l i t t l e l o v e a n d a b i g h u g o f g a r l i c , l e m o n , o r e g a n o a n d o l i v e o i l.
Greek Potatoes with Lemon, Oregano and Garlic
- 2 pounds new potatoes halved or quartered if large
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice from one lemon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, left whole in the skins, smash them with the back of your knife
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 medium lemon cut into 6 wedges
- zest from one lemon
- fresh oregano to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place potatoes directly on the baking sheet and toss potatoes with the oil, lemon juice, lemon slices, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes; remove from oven and stir. Continue cooking until lightly golden and tender, about 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl and toss with lemon zest and garnished with fresh oregano.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- If you can't find fresh oregano try parsley.
- I love using the new baby potatoes that are in the markets right now but any variety of potato will be delicious.
- Any leftovers are delicious in a salad.